WHAT IS PENOSCROTAL WEB
Penoscrotal web is fold of skin at the back of the penis to the sac and this pulls the scrotum up. The scrotal webbing may gives impression of short penis. It can happen from childhood as congenital abnormalities or a result of excessive removal of the foreskin during the circumcision. Many men may wish to rectify the penoscrotal webbing because short penis appearance, painful sexual acts, discomfort during exercise or difficult to put condon on the shaft of the penis. This also results in a disappears of the junction of the penis and scrotum. This may occur in difficulty in sexual intercourse or suffer from psychological problems.
WHAT ARE TYPES OF PENOSCROTAL WEBBING
- Born with congenital penoscrotal web
- Mild, moderate and severe degree
- After over resection of foreskin after a circumcision
HOW TO REPAIR OF PENOSCROTAL WEB
- Mild scrotal webbing can incise transversely and close the wound vertically, but dog-ears edges must be excised to prevent unattractive appearance.
- Mild webbing maybe operated with a single or double Z-plasty.
- Moderate webbing can have an excision of triangle skin at the penoscrotal area with scrotal tug or scrotal lift like V-Y plasty. Scrotal lift or scrotoplasty or scrotum reduction surgery may require at the same time.
- For more severe webbing, excess skin can be excised along the midline, with a Z-plasty at the penoscrotal junction to prevent recurrent scar shrinking.
WHAT IS THE COST OF PENOSCROTAL WEBBING OPERATIONS
It’s cost ranges from £950 to £1500 which depends upon the extent and type of repair